- Support Services
OTEN is committed to providing high quality service and support to people with disability.
The Disability Support Unit at OTEN has Disability Consultants for students who:
Disabilities: read more
What support is available?
The OTEN Disability Support Service can assist you with your studies and put in place the support you need for a successful outcome in your course.
Disability Consultants can help meet your study needs with:
- enrolment course and advice
- assistance with learning materials
- strategies for study and time management
- individualised course assistance.
Support is available for your exams and assessments. Exam and assessment adjustments may include:
- disability provisions for exams
- extra time
- rest breaks
- a reader or writer
- an Auslan interpreter
- other adjustments.
Fee exemptions or concessions
The OTEN Disability Support Service may be able to lend you:
- some specialised software programs such as text to speech or voice recognition software
- adaptive devices to assist you to access your learning environment
- course materials provided in a range of formats.
Who are the Disability Consultants?
- Vladimir Pavlovic - Blind and visually impaired
- Kerri Stefas - Deaf and hearing impaired
- Catherine Tancred - Intellectual and learning disabilities
- Kim Rowles - Neurological / Acquired Brain Injury
- David King - Physical / Spinal / Adaptive Technology
- Jeanette Caruso - Psychiatric / Mental illness
- Katrina Fish - Physical and chronic illness
Phone: 1300 362 890 or (02) 9715 8601
TTY: (02) 9715 8609
Disclosing your disability
There are benefits to doing so. These include access to Disability Support services and appropriate adjustments to assist you to be successful with your studies.
Disclosing your disability: read more
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I need to do to get support from the Disability Support Service?
- How do I contact the OTEN Disability Support Service?
- Am I eligible for any exemptions or concessions?
- How do I enrol?
Frequently Asked Questions: read more