TRAINING PACKAGE REQUIREMENTS
To enrol in this course, you will need to provide evidence for the following:
- Current RSA Competency Card that includes the RSA endorsement (this must be produced at the start of your course)
- Your current employment in the industry
- Significant industry experience in supervisory or management positions
If you are looking to apply for a NSW Liquor Licence, visit [Liquor and Gaming](https://www.liquorandgaming.nsw.gov.au/operating-a-business/liquor-licences/applying-for-and-managing-your-liquor-licence) to begin the application.
Note: The 28 day renewal grace period that applies to RSA/RCG refreshers does not apply. Liquor and Gaming NSW require you to undertake the licensee training before your competency card expires.
TAFE NSW REQUIREMENTS
There are no TAFE NSW entry requirements for this qualification.
This course is subject to licensing requirements as set by the industry regulator - Liquor and Gaming NSW.
Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) is the foundation competency required in order to sell, serve or supply liquor. Depending on duties you may also need Responsible Conduct of Gambling (RCG).
The NSW Liquor Licensee Course is a requirement for most licensees, approved managers and club secretaries. When you successfully complete this course, you will be eligible to hold a Liquor License in NSW.
To be prepared for this course, it is recommended that you have:
- Strong leadership qualities
- The ability to influence others
- Great communication skills
- Problem solving skills
If you need support in preparation for study, contact us about your options.
Are there any additional entry requirements?
A number of courses may require prospective students to provide additional information such as documentation, an expression of interest, evidence that you are already employed as an apprentice, or preferred prior study (or equivalent).
To be enrolled in this course, you need to be able to provide evidence that you:
- have completed the Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) course. Completing the course will automatically renew your RSA endorsement for a further 5 years.
- if you hold a NSW RCG endorsement you are required to complete the refresher training with us and your RCG endorsement will be added to your new Competency Card. This will align with your Competency Card renewal dates.
Alternatively, you can elect to surrender your RCG competency by completing a declaration to this effect.
Credit (or recognition) for modules/units may be granted based on previous learning, studies, work and/or life experiences. Please discuss this with the teaching section when you enrol.