TRAINING PACKAGE REQUIREMENTS
There are no Training Package requirements for this qualification.
TAFE NSW REQUIREMENTS
This course content is considered high risk.
This means the teaching of this course operates within a wider framework of the law and TAFE NSW policies. There are many inherent laws relating to cyber security including the Cybercrime Act 2001 and the Spam Act 2003 (Cth), with the Cybercrime Act (Cth) criminalising computer and internet related activities such as hacking, spreading viruses and website vandalism.
Based on this, to be eligible for this course, you must:
- Submit to a National Police Check which discloses your criminal history
- Agree to sign an ethical conduct agreement that outlines your responsibilities to work within legal and ethical boundaries, on the first day of the course
- Have access to a computer, flash drive (USB) and the internet to complete learning activities and assessments
To be eligible for the fast tracked 6-month course you must have completed the Certificate III Information Digital Media Technology with Networking or an equivalent course.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification.
There is no work placement requirement for this qualification.
However, you do have the opportunity to undertake one week of work experience in an industry workplace. You will monitor events in the CSOC and perform penetration testing. This is also a great opportunity to develop skills like communicating in the workplace with a range of colleagues from different departments.
You are responsible for securing your own work experience but your course coordinator will be available to provide assistance if needed.
Are there any additional entry requirements?
A number of courses may require prospective students to provide additional information such as documentation, an expression of interest, evidence that you are already employed as an apprentice, or preferred prior study (or equivalent).
To be enrolled in this course, you need to be able to provide evidence that you:
- have a Transcript of Academic Achievement of Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology (Networking Stream) AND/OR Letter of Confirmation from an employer of 1 year recent employment in a networking role.
- have completed a National Police Certificate (Criminal History Check)
- have signed an Ethical Conduct Agreement
- are a resident of NSW
To successfully complete this course, TAFE Digital recommends that you have reliable Internet access
Credit (or recognition) for modules/units may be granted based on previous learning, studies, work and/or life experiences. Please discuss this with the teaching section when you enrol.