Work local but have a global impact as an environmental operator in a growing industry. Cultivate your love for the great outdoors with the nationally accredited Certificate III in Conservation and Land Management. Gain specialist training to manage, protect, regenerate and restore our natural environments.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn:
- Weed and native plant identification
- Map reading and navigation
- Conservation and land management skills
- How to support biodiversity conservation
- What is required to maintain natural areas
- How to collect native seed
- Implementation practices for revegetation
- How to manage weeds and animal pests
With specialist training in:
- Biodiversity conservation
- Restoration ecology
- Site and environmental assessments
- Safe and sustainable work practices
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Through this course you will build on your:
- Affinity with native animals and the natural world
- Great communication skills
- Ability to work in teams, and in solitary and remote conditions
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing the course will equip you with the skills to become a competent ecological restoration practitioner.
GROW YOUR CAREER
This qualification provides the ideal stepping-stone to a career in conservation.
- Certificate III in Natural area restoration
- Certificate IV in Conservation and Land Management
- Diploma of Conservation and Land management
These Statement of Attainments are often required in job ads with the Certificate III in Conservation and Land Management:
- Chainsaw Operations - basic tree felling
- Chainsaw Operations - trim and cut
- First Aid
The United Nations has declared this to be the Decade of Ecosystem Restoration. Land degradation is negatively impacting at least 3.2 billion people and significant loss of biodiversity and ecosystem services.