This qualification reflects the roles of individuals who apply substantial
specialised skills and knowledge in the field of adult language, literacy and
numeracy practice. In these roles they make significant high level judgements to
analyse, plan, deliver and evaluate specialised teaching functions within
Adult language, literacy and numeracy skills development is provided by a range
of training organisations in vocational education settings, workplaces and the
community. Titles for job roles with responsibility for adult language, literacy
and numeracy delivery and assessment vary across different organisational
contexts. Possible job titles include:
- Practitioner, Workplace English Language and Literacy (WELL) program
- Teacher, Language, Literacy and Numeracy Program (LLNP)
- Concurrent assistance teacher, training organisation
- Adult literacy and numeracy teacher, training organisation
- Trainer and assessor, training organisation
- Program coordinator, adult community education organisation.
This qualification may not meet the requirements for TESOL teaching. It is
advisable to check with relevant jurisdictions and in the human resource
statements in accredited course documentation.
The volume of learning of a Graduate Diploma is typically 1-2 years.