The nationally accredited Diploma of Accounting is designed to take your accounting career further in the Financial Services sector - the second largest industry for employment in Australia and growing fast. Learn how to manage complex budgets and managerial financial reports, and open your job search up to roles like assistant accountant or bookkeeper.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through course work, you will learn:
- Advanced skills in budget management and forecasting
- To prepare financial reports and taxation documentation
- How to implement internal control procedures
- To provide management accounting information
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the soft skills and attributes you need to get ahead in this field:
- Attention to detail
- Customer service
- Organisational skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised Diploma
- Eligibility to be recognised as a Registered Tax Agent with the Tax Practitioners Board
- Articulation pathways into a degree
A Diploma in Accounting will prepare you for many finance roles:
- Payroll manager
- Assistant accountant
- Accounts supervisor
GROW YOUR CAREER
Deepen your accounting knowledge and practice with the Accounting vertical pathway:
- Advanced Diploma of Accounting
Continue your education with degree level qualifications:
- Bachelor of Applied Commerce with TAFE NSW Degrees
- Bachelor of Business
Employment in the financial and insurance services industry is expected to grow by 13.7%, faster than other Australian industries.
The NSW Government identified the Diploma of Accounting as key to addressing skill shortages in bookkeeping. As it is a Targeted Priority, you may be eligible for a subsidised fee.
Qualifications from a trusted training provider like TAFE NSW are key to skilling the Financial Services workforce of tomorrow.